Thursday, January 19, 2017

Giving Back

Good Morning! And happy Thursday!!!
I took a break from being crafty last night as I am working on editing my Paper Pumpkin video to get that posted for you guys.  ðŸ™‚  It was also my girl’s first day back to school in what felt like weeks.  Okay, okay, it was only a week but those days sure were long.  ðŸ˜›  Snow hit the Portland, OR area hard.  The rain has come in and the snow is melting but now there is concerns of flooding, some areas already are.  Snow and rain don’t get me down but it’s a whole lot nicer not trekking through ice or sloppy wet snow.  With my girl going back to school that meant putting on my school brain again and helping her with homework.  Things sure aren’t like what they used to be. LOL.
We did take a break last night to go give back.  We volunteered with the local food bank for the second time to help them repackage foods that will go to pantries in the area.  While this is a requirement for my kiddo for school it really does feel good to give back to the community and help neighbors that are struggling.


Given that MLK Jr. Day was Monday, January 16 this past weekend and week have been to honor him at different non-profit organizations in the area.  The food bank always has a quote posted and last night’s was “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?'”  by Martin Luther King Jr.  Such a great quote, one that really makes you think and reflect.  I know I want to do more and this is just the beginning.
The timing was good though because I am still anxiously awaiting my last Stampin’ Up! order with tons of new goodies I cannot wait to share.  The weather has been crippling and has caused delays of all sorts in the state.  Maybe today will be the lucky day!  ðŸ™‚
Until next time, happy crafting,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment